Sunday, February 24, 2008

One Republic and Water for Elephants


I've been wanting to post about One Republic for a while. They piss me off. Every time I hear them on the radio being interviewed about Timbaland and his remix of their song, they're bitching about it. Shut the fuck up. (Sorry non-cuss lovers). But for real. He didn't just add the "Eh, eh" thing like you said he did. He totally re-arranged the song and gave it the beat that it needed to be a hit. Get over yourselves. It's a good song- it is. Your version is good. But it's very GeorgeMichael-ish and he got rid of all that. IT WOULD NOT BE THE HIT THAT IT IS WITHOUT TIMBALAND'S REMIX. That bears repeating. IT WOULD NOT BE THE HIT THAT IT IS WITHOUT TIMBALAND'S REMIX. Your next single is really good, so don't worry about your credibility as artists-it doesn't matter that you have a hip hop song. Suck it up- you needed him. It's ok. Quit making it sound like you didn't because you look like assholes. **ok, stepping off soapbox**

Water for Elephants. I never would have read this book had it not been for the book club I'm in. I'm horrible about judging a book by it's cover and the cover of this one just did not seem like something I'd be interested in reading, so I never even picked it up to see what it was about. Shame on me. The book is amazing. I never thought I'd enjoy reading about circus life, lol..... but it's filled with romance and mystery and is reminiscent of Moulin Rouge. It's seriously one of my favorites ever now. If it's something you've passed up before- pick it up and read a couple pages. I was so wrapped up in the people's lives that I didn't want it to end- which is what makes an awesome book, imo.

No comments: