Sunday, December 31, 2006

This was written on Christmas Day......I had started a new blog for weight loss but what is the point in having two blogs? It's silly, so I'm transferring the post here and deleting the other blog entirely.

This Is It

It's Christmas :) This time next year, I will be different. I know there are thousands of people who are going to make the same New Year's resolution that I will make. But I am going to do this.

I'm 27, will be 28 in January. This means I have 2 years until I'm officially in my thirties. I have always wanted to at least spend a little bit of time in my twenties as a thin girl. As someone who goes out and gets what she wants. Not that I can't have that fat, but I want to be thin. I want to feel free and wild and like a sexy young woman. I want to go out and not feel too embarrassed to dance. I want men to look at me (this is a big thing for me as I feel like it's part of the reason I stay heavy).

January 1st will be my start date. It's a Monday, so that fits perfectly because I have a thing with starting a diet on any other day. This is not a 'diet' though, I am changing. My plan is to follow Weight Watchers. Friday nights I will be allowed to go on date night and enjoy a meal with my husband. I will have one regular Coke with that meal, maybe a cocktail, but I will then go immediately back to diet beverages.

I will set up a plan. I do want to lose as quickly as possible, that's obvious, but I will set realistic goals as well. I will reward myself with non-food items. I will acknowledge that I am losing weight, and that my body looks different when it starts too. I will not allow myself to look at myself in the same light, therefore allowing myself to go back to unhealthy habits.

This, seriously, is it. I'm doing it. No more bullshit.

No comments: