Saturday, December 16, 2006

Working is totally not all it's cracked up to be. I do like my new job, but the training there is seriously an issue. They definitely need a better program. But, other than that and the long hours I think I'm doing okay. They're supposed to be making an extra cubicle for me here shortly. These aren't no Empire cubicles, they're the real deal. Like your own little mini office. Way cool.

Another cool thing? The entire customer service department is pink. PINK! Pink paint on the walls, and the cubicles mentioned are a deeper pink. Even our bosses office (he's male, mind you) is pink. Now, if I were reading this I'd imagine a pepto-bismol looking nightmare, but that's really not what it's like. It's softer. Prettier.

So far the people are really nice. There isn't anyone I could see myself hanging out with too often, but that can be a good thing. I get so attached to people and I'm not the greatest when it comes to sticking with a place for too long. Empire was the longest I'd lasted in one place in a while. I just get bored with everything. Once I'm bored and irritated, putting up with a vast array of shit no longer appeals to me and I end up quitting. That's why I so desperately want to be back in school this semester but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. We owe them since we technically got our student loan last semester but didn't stay through the whole semester (the wedding and everything). So it'll have to be next semester when we're back on our feet.

I'm supposed to meet up with our photographer today to pick up the wedding pictures. Well, part of them. We're picking up the cd of pictures right now, but getting the actual prints and dvd in a couple weeks. Hopefully I can get them and get the thank you cards sent out which should have been out a while ago. But we have that one special pic we're using, so we had to wait.

No comments: