Saturday, July 29, 2006

It was John's 30th birthday yesterday. We all met up at Cavill's to celebrate. Hole in the wall bar, for sure, but we had a crazy good time. The boys (John and Chris) did their Kaoroke favorites and we all watched, too chicken to join lol. Dawn and I decided that we will start practicing red neck woman so we could do that on bar trips from now on. John was so so drunk, he messed up two of his songs. The DJ called him up for the Humpty Dance and he didn't make it through. So he played Ice Ice Baby instead to see if John could get through that one, and John started with the right song, and then totally started singing the previous song in the middle of that one. He was looking at the monitor too, just must have been to damn blurry to read. Good times. ;)

Very cool to have Greg and Lisa come out too. Great, awesome people. Greg is one of Tom's best friends and the director of operations at the publishing company Tom now works for. He's loving it and they have big plans on branching out. Tom even brought up my writing to Greg to see if I could free lance for the magazine/book. Too cool. I'm going to do a couple free articles to have my name published and then take it from there. Awesome oppurtunity. But it was good to see them in general as I hadn't since Superbowl 04.

Towards the end of the night, Tom showed Greg a pic of Fenny on his phone.... and then John kept apologizing to us for the loss and I couldn't help but get choked up again. I've cried alot the past four days, and it seems like everything makes me miss Fenny. While Tom's at work, the house feels so SO empty. Even little Sabre noticed that Fenny was missing and goes through the house letting out little 'meows'. Damn does it hurt.

Anyway, it was good to get out of the house last night and get it off my mind a little. And John, if you ever read this, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I'm texting your wifey right now to find out if I won the bet. I know you got sick, I know it. So you owe me $5 punk!

No comments: