Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWow. Sunday was my bridal shower. I absolutely had an awesome time. There was a few times I thought I'd pull my hair out because my aunt was being a bit demanding about how she wanted things, lol, but other than that it was so so nice. My mom, Jennifer, aunt Rhonda, Uncle Jim, Debbie and Uncle Jim's sister were there at 9 a.m. to get the food going and set up the tables. Cheryl and Karen arrived at 11 as planned. Dawn was running a bit late, so since I was picking her up and my mom and Jennifer back up after they'd stopped home to have a shower- we were all late. But still early. Just not as early as Rhonda would have liked.

People started to arrive, and of course I was meeting everyone at the door and introducing my mom to his family and his mom to mine. Had to pop an ativan to get through that one. I was really so nervous. It was horrible at first, and then I finally started to loosen up a bit. We played a couple games, which were really fun. Actually, the game that Rhonda thought that no one would like- everyone loved. They had a lot of fun with that one.

The food was so good. And there was so much of it. Chicken, ham, mostacolli, salad, bread and rolls, corn, veggies, fruits, cheesy potatoes, buttered red potatoes and the deserts were insane. Chris' mom made our cake....beautiful...will add pics. On top of that, we had three different kinds of brownies, 3 cheesecakes, pineapple upside down cake, apple pie, banana bread w/ cream cheese, ambrosia. It was just endless.

As were the presents. I swear it must have taken me so long to open all of them! But they played Bingo while I was doing it, so at least that took off some of the pressure. Rhonda wanted me standing up (NO!) and kept coming to tell me that no one could see me and they were complaining. Debbie Laginess (not cousin Deb of course) actually stuck up for me and said, hey, it's your shower, you do what you want. I swear, if I'd have had to open them standing up I'd have probably passed out. Seriously.

There were probably about 50 people there. The guys came at the end and we got pictures with them and everything. I need to go into the gifts and post some pics but I am beat. Will update tomorrow.....

No comments: