Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wk 1 Weigh-In Jan 9 09

So I officially started on a Monday but I wanted my weigh-in day to be on Friday, so I weighed in on January 9th. I was a little nervous because I'd found that just one soda per day was still not enough and I'd caved to 2 per day. A small on my way to work and a small to med w/ dinner.

That was kind of making me nervous, but food wise I did very well this week. My mom made us a home cooked dinner on Friday because my little sister spent the night (delicious, mom, thanks!) so I decided to do lunch out friday instead (as I normally do a friday freebie meal). Well, on Saturday we ended up going out to lunch during our shopping trip, too, but I still did very well thank you! 

I'm down 3.8 lbs this week. I have to say I'm happy with that. Of course I'd love if 30 lbs would just drop off overnight, but who wouldn't? They say that 1-2 lbs is average so I'll take the 3.8. Very excited and I think this week I'll be able to handle 1 soda per day. We'll see, I'm not making promises- almost 30 years of non-stop access to caffeine is a huge habit to break.

Lunches are kind of hard for me. I can eat Lean Cuisines w/ salads a couple days and then I'm flat out sick of it. Very bizarre because I could eat McDonald's chicken nuggets every day and not get sick of it. I think that's just crap my mind does to me, so instead of caving in, I brought peanut butter and jelly sandwiches one day last week and that worked well. I'll mix it up a bit next week, but keep a tight grip on my point intake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not doing WW I am just counting calories. I am pretty good about not drinking soda, since last year I gave them up pretty much. I will have one once a week. I give in once a week and have a good comforting meal as well...like you would use your 35 extra, I just cheat on calories. I am glad to have found your blog.