Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yeah, that's not my bedroom :) It's a set up in Ikea, but I took a picture because that paint color will MOST DEFNITELY be in my bedroom. Love it. Anyway, so I missed last week. What was I thinking? I was probably thinking my weigh-in wasn't that fabulous so who cares? Well, I still need to update, darn it all. Last week I was down .6 (lame!) I know, I know... it's still a loss, but it sucked. Especially because it was week 2. Week 3 kind of made up for it though. I was down 2.8 lbs this week. Woot! I'll take it. I'm finally down to one full sugar soda a week, hopefully soon I'll be able to curb it entirely. I've suddenly developed an urge for Sweet Tea's again from McDonalds. It was a long road convincing myself to stop drinking those, so I need to get back on the wagon.
Well, in other news- I've been making a weekly list of what we're going to have for dinner and using it to buy groceries. It's nice to fly through the grocery store w/o browsing- also saves money. What else? Oh- duh, most importantly- my Aunt. My mom flew down to Florida a few days ago because my Aunt was in the hospital (she's doing better now- and she better do what she's supposed to from now because we're not letting her go anywhere!), but she won't be back until February 12th. :( I miss her already! Tomorrow I'm turning 30, so she sent me some beautiful pink roses that I have sitting on my table and she promised dinner when she returns. 30 is really frightening for me, so I think she's trying to make it a little easier, which is nice. I went shopping on Saturday w/o her and it was no fun. Kohl's had a huge 3 day sale and purses were 40% off! I almost grabbed a Ralph Lauren Chaps one which was really cute and only $28 but I ended up going with a Nine West bag that is more functional. I also bought a new scale! It was a steal at 1/2 off, and it's really fun and modern looking. It's glass and the display lights up blue. I love gadgets, and it's pretty much a new gadget.
As usual, I'm babbling, but tomorrow I turn 30 (did I mention this horror!?!), and I'm trying to console myself over here with talk of deals. Tonight is my last night in my 20's. That's a really hard thing to deal with. I won't let it derail me this week- although it really wants to. I'd really like to drown my sorrows in a fat pumpkin spice frapp from Starbucks and a hot fudge cake from Big Boy. Someone stop me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only have 2 more years of the 'in my twenties' left...I hope I don't freak out.

Happy Birthday! And congrats on the loss.

{that one girl} said...

Enjoy it while it lasts ;)

Thanks!