Thursday, January 31, 2008

Politics

I'm not a fan of talking politics, and I only really pay attention when it's time for an election. However, I do vote- I research and analyze my choices and do feel that I make an educated decision. I just wouldn't say I'm hard-core.

I'm Republican *shock* and my Husband is a Democrat. This leads to some interesting discussion and sometimes arguments. I would say that I'm liberal, and yes I believe you can be a liberal Republican. There is only one main issue that I disagree with Republicans on- and that is gay marriage. Sure, whatever, if you don't want to use the term "marriage" because of the religious implications- fine. But they deserve the same rights as a marriage. PERIOD.

Moving on. I'm Republican. I've said it. But if it comes down to Clinton/McCain, I'm voting for Hillary. (I know you're clapping, Tree). The most important thing to me in this campaign- above all my other convictions that probably won't be changed in the next four years, is that we make every effort to remove ourselves from Iraq. I realize it won't happen overnight, but I truly believe every effort should be made to bring home as many troops as possible and keep as few there as possible while finishing what we need to finish. McCain feels very strongly that we do not have enough troops there. He'd like to send more troops to Iraq. I repeat that because it is SO disappointing to me.

It would appear that the Democratic party will have my vote again in the coming political election. I know, I know- it's no one's business who anyone votes for. But I'm not a super polite rule-follower and I'm telling you regardless of whether I should or not.

If you are a super polite, hush hush, rule follower and don't want to specifically say who you're voting for- please comment and at least say where you stand currently. (I posted this blog on my myspace, I highly doubt anyone will comment here. Matter of fact, I doubt anyone will there either lol)

No comments: